Course fee: NGN100,000
Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) and Business Membership organisations (BMO) are set up to address specific needs such as social, environmental, political, and business needs. The success or failure of these organisations largely depends on a well-defined vision/mission, the right team, the right leadership, an effective governance structure, sustainable funding model etc. All these attributes are necessary for success and must be given careful attention at the initiation stage.
Who should attend?
Promoters, executives, staff, members of existing and potential non-profits and BMOs, consultants to NGOs/BMOs.
This workshop will be delivered using the following methods: Instructor-led sessions, group discussions or brainstorming exercises, case studies, videos, role play activities, and individual assignments.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the legal framework of NGOs & BMOs.
- Articulate a clear vision, mission, goals and core values.
- Develop a viable governance structure.
- Gain knowledge and skills on what it takes to run an NGO/BMO sustainably
- Develop effective communication and team strategies.
- The legal framework of NGOs & BMOs
- Defining a strong vision/mission statements, goals and core values
- Building a viable governance structure
- Strategic planning and effective leadership skills for all-round success
- Managing operations
- Building a strong and talented team/workforce
- Attracting and retaining membership sustainably
- Effective fundraising and revenue generation efforts
- Financial management
- Brand building through storytelling
- Capturing and reporting impact
- Effective advocacy strategies for policy reforms
- Creating learning and growth opportunities for members
Instructor-led session, group discussions or brainstorming, group discussion exercise, case studies, videos, role play activities, and individual assignments.
Participants will takeout from this course the structured approach in setting up and operationalizing their NGO/BMO.
- Comprehensive learning materials
- Post course telephone support
Certificate of Attendance on